What is it?
Conscious sedation is defined by a minimally suppressed level of consciousness that allows the patient to breathe consciously and autonomously. The patient is able to respond properly to physical stimuli and to verbal commands.
Conscious sedation using nitrous oxide – how does it work?
Conscious sedation by inhalation of nitrous oxide and oxygen is the most frequently used sedation method in America and in Europe. This technique, used for over 100 years, minimises pain, relaxes the patient and facilitates dental treatment.
Nitrous oxide is a colourless respirable gas. It is administrated via inhalation through a nasal mask. The patient remains conscious and is monitored throughout the whole dental process.
Why choose conscious sedation using nitrous oxide?
- Effective results against anxiety
- Acts quickly
- Flexible in duration – it can be used for all kinds of treatment
- Total control
- Sedation level can be altered at all times
- Patients recover quickly
- Minimal side effects
- Contains analgesic effect
- Patients can go back to their activities immediately after treatment
- Our doctors are entitled and qualified to use this technique and we have all the necessar
- Safety equipment
- Everyone can benefit from this method, both adults and children.
Just a short note to say thank you. I am so pleased with the work you have done.
On Thursday I went for dinner and had steak. I would never have ordered that with my old teeth. I had drinks with friends last night; my wife had arranged a viewing for my teeth. My friends say how great I looked and I was more at ease.
This morning I ate toast. I haven’t eaten toast in 4 years. Can’t wait to try an apple!
Once again thank you!