Established in 1994, Clínica Dentária Dr. Cris Piessens, Lda., is a reference in various specialties of Dentistry.
Equipped with the latest technologies, the best materials and an international clinical staff composed of highly qualified Dentists, led by Dra. Márcia Martins who believes that excellent medical care and daily dedication to the patients is the key to long-standing trust. This philosophy has been recognized with the national merit award “Best Dental Clinic 2018” by DentalPro.
Located in Albufeira, Algarve, our clinic has been the choice of many European patients looking for quality dental treatment.
In addition to clinical practice, we also provide training to other dentists, both nationally and internationally.
We have 3 consultation rooms equipped with cutting edge technology, for example:
• Intra-oral cameras, that give explicit and detailed images that helps the patients understand and visualize;
• Digital periapical x-ray technology, that exposes the patient to reduced levels of radiation and is essential in planning and dental treatments.
• Magnifying Surgical Loupes, that allows the surgeon to work in minimal detail, resulting in a more precise esthetical and biological work, as well as a faster and safer procedure.
• Virtual Private Theater Glasses for the patient to be more comfortable, specially during long procedures where he/she can watch a movie or choose a relaxing landscape and music. Also a favourite feature of our pediatric patients with cartoons helping them forget they are at the Dentist’s Office.
A sterile operating room which was specifically designed for placement of dental implants, maxillary sinus elevation, bone / gum transplantation.
This room is equipped with a live video and audio system to interact with physicians attending courses we teach at our Training Room.
The training room has a capacity for 12 doctors to follow the course with live transmission of surgeries. Trainees train hands-on with 3D printed models, mimicking real-world cases.
The Imaging Room is equipped with state-of-the-art 3D Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CT) technology. The Planmeca ProMax® 3D is a dedicated CT scanner that allows the capture of three-dimensional images of the patient's anatomical regions: oral cavity and region maxillofacial (mouth, jaws and neck), and ears, nose and throat (ENT).
It is a useful tool in making complex diagnoses and treatment plans that are of particular importance in the field of Implantology (Dental Implants).
It is fast and safe as the dentist can analyze and evaluate the image almost instantly and the patient is not subject to high doses of radiation compared to a conventional tomography.
Our in-house laboratory offers us the ability to rehabilitate the patient on the same day with new fixed teeth. It is equipped with a dental scanner in which the work is digitally scanned and then processed at an international milling center in Luxembourg allowing nanometric adjustments to the titanium structure of the definitive prosthesis.
- General Dentistry
- Dental Implantology
- Dental Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Oral hygiene
- Emergency Dentistry
Our Core Values
Embrace change, encourage invention and continually remain at the forefront of advances in oral health for the good of our patients
Demonstrate caring and sensitivity for the diverse backgrounds of our patients and colleagues and generosity in our communities
Our philosophy is to provide excellent medical services, without neglecting the physical and human dimension necessary to offer quality services to our patients.
Located in Albufeira, in the Algarve, we have been the choice for many European patients looking for quality dental implants with a team in constant training.
- Clinicians fluent in various languages
- Constant team training
- Recovery room for patients
- In-house laboratory